What is PIBBS?
PIBBS is your entry portal into PhD Programs in the Biomedical and Biological sciences at USC.
- PIBBS is a 1-year program that supports and assists you as you rotate through 3 labs of your choice to find the optimal mentor and lab environment for your PhD studies.
- PIBBS provides access to over 200 faculty from diverse departments across USC.
- PIBBS allows you to try out many different topics, ranging from stem cells to nanotechnology, marine biology to biophysics, epigenetics to kinesiology, and much, much more!
- PIBBS students join the PhD program that best matches their research at the end of their rotation year.
- PIBBS provides an individually tailored educational experience.
- PIBBS sets you up for success!
Your PIBBS Year
Attend two four unit classes per semester while choosing and participating in research labs of your choice.