What is PIBBS?
PIBBS is your entry portal into PhD Programs in the Biomedical and Biological Sciences at USC.
- PIBBS is a 1-year program that supports and assists you as you rotate through 3 labs of your choice to find the optimal mentor and lab for your PhD studies.
- PIBBS provides access to USC faculty focusing on health-related research located at the Keck School of Medicine, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles and the House Research Institute.
- PIBBS allows you to try out many different topics, ranging from stem cells to nanotechnology, biostatistics to biophysics, epigenetics to kinesiology, and much, much more!
- PIBBS students join the PhD program that best matches their research after completing their rotations.
- PIBBS provides a 1st year core curriculum, laying a solid foundation for an individually tailored educational experience in subsequent years.
- PIBBS students are trained in scientific writing, including drafting an NIH F31 fellowship application.
- PIBBS sets you up for success!
Your PIBBS Year
Attend two four unit classes per semester while choosing and participating in research labs of your choice.