Deadline: December 1st
Applications and all supporting materials must be received no later than December 1st, for full consideration. Late applicants may be considered if space in the program allows.
Applications to PIBBS require the following:
- Complete the USC Graduate Admissions Application on-line.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Subject test is not required.
- Statement of Purpose
A brief and focused essay about your career and research goals, and how you intend to achieve these goals. It should also describe your accomplishments thus far along your projected career path.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
Must be submitted online. Hard copies will note be accepted.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- TOEFL/IELTS (Required for all international applicants.)
Applicants must meet minimum requirements for admission to the University (overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0, and a combined GRE Verbal + Quantitative score of 298). However, a GPA of 3.5 and a combined GRE V/Q score of at least 315 are preferred. Proficiency in the English language is essential.
ETS code: 4852
GRE code: 0202
TOEFL code: 34
For international students:
When listing undergraduate/graduate GPAs (grade point averages) on the application, please use the system of your university. If you received a percentage grade, provide the average percentage. If you were graded on a scale other than 4.0 (with 4.0 equal to an “A”), please indicate the average grade AND indicate the scale (for example, 8.5/10).All international students are required to submit TOEFL/IELTS scores even if a master’s degree was received from an English speaking country. The minimum TOEFL score is 100 for the internet-based test (IBT) or an IELTS score of 7, with at least 6 on each band.
Applications must be submitted on-line through the USC Graduate Admissions as follows:
- Select the graduate program to which you are applying on the page entitled “Application Information” as follows:
- The semester (for the entering year),
- KECK School of Medicine (for the school; the PIBBS office is housed there)
- PIBBS (for the program)
- Upload the following documents to the on-line admissions system: Statement of Purpose,Curriculum Vitae,Copies of transcripts from all institutions attended (unofficial copies acceptable).
- Mail official transcripts from all institutions attended to the USC Graduate Admissions:University of Southern California
USC Office of Graduate Admission
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles CA, 90089-0915
- Pay the applications fee of $85.